Conditions of Special Student Status
Special students are allowed to attend a program under certain conditions.
Special students are not given any degree or diploma. But they can obtain official transcripts including the courses taken and grades received from the Registrar's Office.
Credits taken and grades received in special student status can not be used when transferring to Bogazici University.
Special student applications will be examined and decided by the Executive Board of the relevant Faculty. Executive Boards also determine the courses that will be available to special students. Decision of approval for special students is valid for a maximum of two semesters. At the end of this period the Executive Board reaches to a decision regarding the continuation of the status.
In order for an application to be evaluated:
- The faculty or school applied should have the necessary means to accept special students,
- Applicant should provide proof of English proficiency,
- He or she must be placed at a formal education institution,
- Applicant should not have been expelled from a university with a disciplinary punishment.
Special Student Application Requirements
- Proof of English proficiency (accepted exams and grades: )
" BU English Proficiency
" Min. TOEFL 213 + min. writing 4.5
" Min. IELTS 7.0
- Min. GPA of 2.70 / 4.00
- Student must not have been dismissed from a university of Institute of higher education
- Student must be currently enrolled in a university or institute of higher education and his/her academic background must be of a standard suitable for the courses he/she wishes to attend.
Student cannot be enrolled as a special student for more than 2 semesters
For further information; please visit the link below: